Saving Your Wi-Fi Passwords to Amazon FAQs
1. What’s the benefit of saving my Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon?
Once you save your Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon, we can configure your compatible devices so that you won’t need to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords on each device.
2. Are my Wi-Fi passwords secure?
Once saved to Amazon, your Wi-Fi passwords are sent over a secured connection and are stored in an encrypted file on an Amazon server. Amazon will only use your Wi-Fi passwords to connect your compatible devices and will not share them with any third party without your permission.
3. Can I choose not to save my password?
Yes, you can opt out of this feature when connecting your device to a Wi-Fi network.
4. What should I do if I change my Wi-Fi passwords?
You can save your updated Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon by re-running any compatible device through its Wi-Fi setup process. Once reconnected to your Wi-Fi network, your updated Wi-Fi password will be automatically saved to Amazon.
5. How do I delete my Wi-Fi passwords from Amazon?
To delete Wi-Fi passwords saved to Amazon using your web browser:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Saved Wi-Fi Passwords, click Delete.
To delete Wi-Fi passwords saved to Amazon from your compatible Kindle e-reader:
- Tap the Menu icon from the Home screen, and then tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options, and then tap Advanced Options.
- Tap Delete Saved Wi-Fi Passwords, and then tap Delete to confirm.