Written by Thomas Young
Updated over a week ago
Streaming your computer screen is the exact same on Windows, macOS, and Linux:
1. Open the Airtame app
2. In the list, find your screen’s name and press “Start”, Or type its IP address
3. To add sound, click on the 🔈 speaker icon to the left of the “Stop” button
To add sound to your stream, click on the speaker icon that will appear beside the “Stop” button. This will enable audio and increase the stream quality while adding a 1-second buffer to ensure fluent playback.
Airtame has additional features which can be enabled or disabled.
The notification can be moved around the screen or dismissed by clicking on the X in the top-right corner. You can enable or disable it by going to the app settings.
If you don’t want to connect the stream again, just click the “Stop” button to cancel the reconnect.
I am seeing “Couldn’t Connect to Airtame”?
- You are probably not connected to the WiFi where Airtame is available. Check the TV screen to see what WiFi you should be connected to.
- Ask your Airtame administrator to ensure the connection between computer and Airtame is still possible.
- Your Airtame may have been put on a guest network where the connection is not possible.
I don’t see where to open the app?
- The app shows as a small icon in your “Menu Bar”/”Tray”. Sometimes it can be in the “Extras” section represented by an upward arrow ˄. in this case, we recommend dragging the icon to the main “Menu Bar”